The following is a message from Thai Lee, SHI President and CEO
As SHI continues to monitor the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, we want to again emphasize that our top priority continues to be the safety and health of all employees, customers and partners as well as that of their extended families and communities. SHI has a multi-phased plan to safely bring employees back to each office location.
This situation remains fluid and is subject to change based on state and local jurisdictions:
- SHI Global HQ (Somerset, NJ) — Beginning November 9, voluntary 'Work From Office' status for all employees until April 4, 2021
- SHI Milton Keynes (U.K.) and Ireland — Mandatory 'Work From Home' status.
- SHI France — Mandatory 'Work From Home' status until April 4, 2020.
- SHI Hong Kong – Mandatory 'Work From Home' status.
- SHI Austin and Regional Offices — Beginning October 5, voluntary 'Work From Office' status.
- SHI Knox and Ridge Integration Centers — Will continue ongoing schedule in place since March 2020.
|December 2020 - April 4, 2021
The 'Return to Office' schedule is contingent on local government guidelines, and SHI reserves the right to make changes to the schedule to address current situations.
Staff will need to comply with SHI's Health Check Requirements to enter our facilities.
1 Certain positions and job functions are site dependent. In those cases, staff are required to report to the office. This includes, but is not limited to, Facilities, IT, HR, Integration Centers, and certain management positions.
2 Essential Workers will be 'on call' to respond to requests and issues.
Return to Work — Safety Guidelines
In an abundance of caution, the following guidelines will be enacted for employees returning to the office during the optional/voluntary WFO period and possibly beyond:
- Employees are asked to check their temperature upon arrival using self-service temperature-checking stations that will be provided in reception areas. Anyone with a temperature reading of over 100.4oF (38oC) will be required to leave the facility and reach out to your manager for guidance.
- Facemasks will be required while moving within the building. While you do not need to wear a mask at your desk while working, you will be required to wear one entering and exiting the building and moving throughout the facility at all other times.
- Facemask rules for Knox and Ridge Integration Centers are different and follow the rules established by the State of N.J.
- Employees will need to maintain at least 6 feet (1.8 meters) distance at all time.
- All meetings will be held virtually. Conference rooms will be off limits to groups of employees.
- Continue to practice good hygiene – including frequently washing your hands – to prevent the spread of COVID-19 as outlined by the CDC.
Thank you to ALL SHI employees!
Measures to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 are impacting our world in unprecedented ways and with startling speed. While SHI has always taken pride in our ability to adapt and innovate quickly, this global pandemic has SHI implementing "something we've never tried before" on a near-daily basis. Enacting new policies and procedures well - at record speed - requires an organization of extremely dedicated professionals who remain committed to helping colleagues, customers and partners overcome the same business, technical and personal hurdles facing us all today.
I am extremely grateful to be surrounded by the amazing employees of SHI. Knowing how COVID-19 has impacted the everyday lives of all of us and our families, I cannot thank you enough for the continued world-class support you provide to our customers, our partners and to each other, every single day. It is my hope that you all stay healthy and safe throughout the worst of this pandemic and beyond.
Thank you for all that you do!